New Reptile club looking for some things to go see, Learn

SÖK
Logga in för att posta i forumet
Sida av 2

Snakedude69:

Hello, I Have recently Started a new Reptile Club in Sweden.  We are looking for a few things to do for upcomming meeting.   does anyone have any contacts for the following....

1. a place that has nice terraiums.  or gives good tips on terrium  desgin inside. Backround, plants etc. many people are curious on how to build better backrounds.

2.  Something cool to see.  Like Universium, hopfully a little more Reptile based.

any tips would be  great!    even another club contact woud be fun maybe to have 2 clubs meet sometime in the future.

Thank you in advance.

Reptile Nerds Skaraborg

Salig:

Kolmården has a pretty sweet tropicarium :) has been a while since my last visit, but they had quite a diversity in species when i was there a couple of years ago.

Snakedude69:

OK, sounds good i  have been there once, its a little far, but not impossible.  Im not so happy they have dolphines  shows but  cool thanks for the tip!

Salig:

The tropicarium isn't inside the zoo itself as far as I know. So no need to "support" the dolphin shows by buying a ticket to go inside :) I believe that the price of the tropicarium itself is around 90-100 sek... but I'm not sure. What I do know is that they had 50 species of snakes at the time of my last visit. To bad I had to rush through when I was there... :(

Snakedude69:

Cool !  good to know!  thanks!

Administratör
Medlem i SmHF
azeam:

What do you mean by "new reptile club"?

Snakedude69:

like i started a club =) we have memebers... etc.   our last meeting we discussed we would like to take some trips... so i am trying to come up with some ideas.

Administratör
Medlem i SmHF
azeam:

Ok. Where is it based or is it a national club? How come you prefer to start a new club instead of joining one of the existing ones?

Snakedude69:

Cause I like to be differnt, eventually I would like to start a non Profit  in a year or two to give back a little. .  We have a good base of people who are interested, and a great place to meet. Its really fun and growing fast now i just have to keep up and people interested. ;)

Administratör
Medlem i SmHF
azeam:

I see. So what's different about your club?

Personally I think it's very sad that the Swedish herpers can't be more united. There are already two big national societies (with local SHR-connected societies) and a couple of smaller ones. We aren't enough people to be split in to too many different groups, sure it can be fun with a small local club but it's so much better to have that club connected to a national society in order to have an impact on politicians (which is often needed within this hobby, both SHR and Amazonas are remissinstanser, whatever that's called in English, and have knowledgeable people working with permits etc.), to organize bigger events and so on.

Edit: Just to clarify, I do think that it's great that there are driven people starting societies and getting other people involved of course, good job on that! :) But there are many benefits of having all local societies connected to each other.

Logga in för att posta i forumet
Sida av 2
Redigera inlägg
Kom ihåg att följa terrariedjur.se's regler när du postar i forumet.
Infoga youtubeklipp
Klistra in adressen till youtube-klippet nedan: (exempel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaOjDr6H0fI)

Laddar upp och infogar bild