Live animals in the mail.

SÖK
Logga in för att posta i forumet
Sida av 2

SimonSode:

I was wondering if anybody have experience with sending reptiles by mail.

This is a common thing in the US, so i was wondering if anybody is doing it here and could share some good/bad experiences. 

Regards. 
Simon

Mr_B:

I would not recommend this at all. For the first the mail aint handle in a good manar here. Package are thrown around more or less. The second reason it's against the law and the postoffice regulation to. It works but sometimes packages get lost or stuck or when it is on the track for packeges at the postal terminals. 

So I would not take that chances. If I don't missminding my self someone back in the time was caught doing this? But don't remember exactly what happen with that person? 

SimonSode:

no no no no, not the regular post service we have here. i know how things work there! ;) 

But there are other delivery companies, maybe they offer this as a service. 

I got a request about this from a buyer saying that it was normal within EU aswell, so i was just wondering if it is done here aswell. 

Mr_B:

Ah Ok believed you ment that because of the topic. :)

Then I'll think there are some specail companys you have to use. Have you checked at www.jordbruksverket.se or been in contact with them? They should know what companys you can use. Have not shipped reptiles at all. Only a couple of spiders back in the day. 

Think most people here make a date at Hamm or likewise within EU 

SimonSode:

Allright thanks! 

Sweden is a big country, if it is possible to ship animals safe then it could make a lot of things easier. 

Mr_B:

I hope someone else have a better answer for you though. Or can help you with some own experiences. I would believe that this way is expensive to.  

Binks:
I know back in the day when people sent animals with Bussgods (the bus deliverysystem) and that worked out great i think, but i dont know hw it works now. Now when winter is coming i think it can be a realy bad idea.

Medlem i SkHF
anniemalmros:
I would say that Sweden is NOT such a big country! ;-) There is a group on fb called Djurtransporthjälpen. I needed to get a cornsnake from Dalarna to Småland and it only took me a few days to get him here after writing a request in that group! Maybe just luck at the time but it's worth a try.
Bussgods does not transport live animals!

Lunde:
I believe World Courier does animal transports, but it isn't cheap.

JACLAR123:
But Lepidodactylus lugubris ld probably work out to send. Because they should not have high temperatures 26 degrees and you can fix with a heat pack. After it is not needed Jate large packages or boxes.
Logga in för att posta i forumet
Sida av 2
Redigera inlägg
Kom ihåg att följa terrariedjur.se's regler när du postar i forumet.
Infoga youtubeklipp
Klistra in adressen till youtube-klippet nedan: (exempel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaOjDr6H0fI)

Laddar upp och infogar bild