Terrarium built products

SÖK
Logga in för att posta i forumet
Sida av 1

adamhtasson:
Hey everyone,
I moved to Stockholm recently and I would like to start making some glass terrariums/terrariums into wooded cabinets. 
But I cant find certain items and I am not as familiar with good places/local stores to buy these products, therefore, I am trying my luck here first.
I am trying to get my hands on these things:
- Sliding door trails (can be plastic or metal, doesnt matter)
- Silicon that doesnt harm reptiles and is waterproof 
- Wood waterproofing product
- Glass cutter 
- Glue that doesnt harm reptiles

Any tips and recommendations are welcome! 

Silvetaz:
adamhtasson skrev:
Hey everyone,
I moved to Stockholm recently and I would like to start making some glass terrariums/terrariums into wooded cabinets. 
But I cant find certain items and I am not as familiar with good places/local stores to buy these products, therefore, I am trying my luck here first.
I am trying to get my hands on these things:
- Sliding door trails (can be plastic or metal, doesnt matter)
- Silicon that doesnt harm reptiles and is waterproof 
- Wood waterproofing product
- Glass cutter 
- Glue that doesnt harm reptiles

Any tips and recommendations are welcome! 

Hello there

Sliding doors is most easily found at your nearest glass supplier. Most glass cutting businesses have it on stock, but you can also find it on most reptile fairs here in Sweden, if you want to order I know both german and danish companies that sell and ship. Krybdyrssiden.dk is my own favorite.

Aquarium grade silicone is found in most hardware stores, say Biltema, Jula, Byggmax, Bauhaus, Hornbach.

When it comes to wood waterproofing there is a lot of different options, we all seem to do it differently here in Sweden, acrylic paint or pond liner is the most common solutions I would think.

Glass cutters can be found in the hardware stores above. 

Glue I would recommend Tec7, as would most here I reckon.

Fuffesnuff:
If you want to get your hand on aquarium silicone i would suggest you buy it at a local fish store instead of the hardware stores as they often have chemcials and mold inhibitors in them. Or you get one that is aquarium safe but cant handle being submerisched in water. The down side is with them that they are usually not very cheap so if you have a dry terrarium you can go with julas "akvarie silikon".
Logga in för att posta i forumet
Sida av 1
Redigera inlägg
Kom ihåg att följa terrariedjur.se's regler när du postar i forumet.
Infoga youtubeklipp
Klistra in adressen till youtube-klippet nedan: (exempel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaOjDr6H0fI)

Laddar upp och infogar bild