Where to get locust in Stockholm city?

SÖK
Logga in för att posta i forumet
Sida av 1

szymon:
Hi, I am expat newly moved to Sweden with intention to stay here longer. I am looking for a nice shop where I could buy some larger (imago/last stage) locust/grasschoppers for my bearded dragon. My observation is if I buy 100 and keep them at home, about 30% dies before being eaten, so I am looking for a shop where I can buy smaller quantities on spot. The lizard is adult, needs a good piece of meat, locust with plants was preferred diet so far. I tried alternatives like dubias. Lizard ate them wery well, but it took like 20-30min to chew and swallow, but then after a few weeks of mixed diet (dubia+locust mixed with plants) lizard had a problem with defecating, so I do not want to risk this again.

Tropfrog:
If you want to buy on spot, Sweden is not enough information. This is a very long country.

My recomendation is tropiska rum in Genevad. But that may not be a good recomendation if you live in Umeå :)

Br
Magnus 

Charger:
Hi, in Uppsala, near Stockholm, you'll find Herpers Choise. I'm sure they can help you.

Tropfrog:
My bad. Missed Stockholm in the topic.

Yes, herpes choice is one of few good reptile stores in Sweden. If you think it is too far to travel, I think they send as well.

But I would recomend at least one visit there.

Br
Magnus 

szymon:
Thanks for pointing this shop, I am kind surprised there are no other shops closer.

Tropfrog:
szymon skrev:
Thanks for pointing this shop, I am kind surprised there are no other shops closer.

There are proboably shops closer. However shops that care about well beeing of animals in sweden are far between and can be counted on one of your hands fingers. That is the sad state of the comercial part of the hobby in Sweden. Go see your local Pet shops that stock reptiles and ask yourself if you want to support them. You proboably don't.

BR
Magnus 

Karma_nn:

Yeah sadly expos and previously mentioned shops are the only properly reliable spots for this if you want to shop on the spot/in person.

To get feederinsects you can also order insects online to be shipped to you from sites like pangdubia.se , reptilsweden.nu , herperschoise' site (herperschoise.se) etc. 

Irbealca:
Hi,
I can still buy crickets in the Arken Zoo shop that replaced Djurmagazinet, but they don't have anything else for reptiles or other animals. (This shop has specialized in dogs and cats.)

If you have one of these shops nearby, maybe you are lucky and they sell them as well. 

I´d like to know of a proper shop south of Stockholm, but can´t find any.

PeterWarek:
CRT Zoo/ Haninge
Logga in för att posta i forumet
Sida av 1
Redigera inlägg
Kom ihåg att följa terrariedjur.se's regler när du postar i forumet.
Infoga youtubeklipp
Klistra in adressen till youtube-klippet nedan: (exempel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaOjDr6H0fI)

Laddar upp och infogar bild