Dwarf tarantulas

SÖK
Logga in för att posta i forumet
Sida av 1

Lotuswave:
Good morning peeps

So I have started to collecot dwarf tarantulas. I think they are just as amazing as the big ones. What's your favorite dwarf tarantulas? Any tips? 

This is one of my favorite Dolichothele diamantinensis.

Cheers

Medlem i SHF
Flyers90:

Here's a good list

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgRHecG0-Es

Lotuswave:
Flyers90 skrev:
Here's a good list

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgRHecG0-Es

Thank you. I actually also watched this video in the morning. Really good one :)

Animallover_1984:
Lotuswave skrev:
Good morning peeps

So I have started to collecot dwarf tarantulas. I think they are just as amazing as the big ones. What's your favorite dwarf tarantulas? Any tips?

This is one of my favorite Dolichothele diamantinensis.

Cheers

Hello! Arachnophobe here…but despite this I am very interested in spiders and especially tarantulas. I have two favorites amongst the smaller species, one is definitely a dwarf and the other one is a bit bigger and kind of “borderline-dwarf”.

The first one, the actual dwarf species…not even an arachnophobe like me can look at this one without feeling it is a bit “cute”, I mean look at the “heart-butt”; Trinidad Dwarf Tarantula (Cyriocosmus elegans) www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSfAnOqGljg

The second one, the slightly bigger one seems like a real “sweetheart” and I can not help but feel like it is a kind of “adorable” (you know for being a creepy spider, he he). I am of course talking about the Chilean flame (Homoeomma chilensis, previously known as Euathlus sp. red). www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMKJ0yF2yAY

Then there is the very beautiful Brazilian jewel (Typhochlaena seladonia)…not my favorite (for various reasons) but definitely worth mentioning when talking about the smaller species. www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMIgZE2MUYQ 

/Animallover_1984

Lotuswave:
Animallover_1984 skrev:

Hello! Arachnophobe here…but despite this I am very interested in spiders and especially tarantulas. I have two favorites amongst the smaller species, one is definitely a dwarf and the other one is a bit bigger and kind of “borderline-dwarf”.

The first one, the actual dwarf species…not even an arachnophobe like me can look at this one without feeling it is a bit “cute”, I mean look at the “heart-butt”; Trinidad Dwarf Tarantula (Cyriocosmus elegans) www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSfAnOqGljg

The second one, the slightly bigger one seems like a real “sweetheart” and I can not help but feel like it is a kind of “adorable” (you know for being a creepy spider, he he). I am of course talking about the Chilean flame (Homoeomma chilensis, previously known as Euathlus sp. red). www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMKJ0yF2yAY

Then there is the very beautiful Brazilian jewel (Typhochlaena seladonia)…not my favorite (for various reasons) but definitely worth mentioning when talking about the smaller species. www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMIgZE2MUYQ 

/Animallover_1984

These three are for sure amazing. Chilean flame is big hard to get, I haven't found it so far but I have heard they have nice personalities. So I am keeping my eye open for it.

I am still a bit unsure about getting Typhochlaena seladonia. It is very beautiful but slings are just pian in the butt to care of.

I have few of Cyriocosmus elegans slings, they are super tiny haha but you already can see the little heart on the butt. I will see if i can find a pic.

Lotuswave:
Lotuswave skrev:

These three are for sure amazing. Chilean flame is big hard to get, I haven't found it so far but I have heard they have nice personalities. So I am keeping my eye open for it.

I am still a bit unsure about getting Typhochlaena seladonia. It is very beautiful but slings are just pian in the butt to care of.

I have few of Cyriocosmus elegans slings, they are super tiny haha but you already can see the little heart on the butt. I will see if i can find a pic.

Animallover_1984 skrev:

/Animallover_1984

Here comes the little heart butt 

Animallover_1984:
Lotuswave skrev:

Lotuswave skrev:

Here comes the little heart butt 

Yeah, it does seem to be quite difficult to find C. chilensis in Sweden, but I did actually see one for sale quite recently. Some people do have them listed as species they own, so they can not be totally impossible to get a hold of. However, since they are no longer possible to take from the wild (no longer possible to export), they are probably harder to find now. To me this is positive despite it being harder to get certain species because I do not like the idea of taking animals from the wild. I would possibly like to get one myself in the future… (if and when I am less terrified of spiders, he he), I do find them rather endearing despite my arachnophobia.

Yes, they (T. seladonia) does seem to be rather difficult to care for and on top of this being rather expensive as well…which is a few of the reasons that the species is not one of my favorites.

Oh…a tiny “heart-butt” :-) Very “cute” for being an eight-legged creature (that scares the living daylights out of me), he he.

/Animallover_1984
Logga in för att posta i forumet
Sida av 1
Redigera inlägg
Kom ihåg att följa terrariedjur.se's regler när du postar i forumet.
Infoga youtubeklipp
Klistra in adressen till youtube-klippet nedan: (exempel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaOjDr6H0fI)

Laddar upp och infogar bild